Well, there are a number of factors that will influence my cookin’ in the kitchen:
- What I’ve been craving (hmmm…Asian? Or pasta? Or how about a nice steak with mash?)
- What’s the weather like (Dang, it’s a bit cool today, it’s 78. A good excuse for a good ol’ chile con carne!)
- How tired or hungry I am (Take away will take tooooo long! What can I make that’s quick and easy…a nice crispy veggie stir fry, yes.)
- When I get paid (Diva is not sure she’s going to make it to pay day. One can get very creative with an empty wallet but stuffed pantry!)
or really, most importantly,
- What’s in my veggie box this week?
La Diva begged the question:
For two-three main meals
3 poblano peppers
1 dried chipotle, reconstituted in hot water and chopped
2 T tomato paste
1/2 small vidalia onion, chopped
1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts*, poached and meat shredded
1 can rinsed black beans
1 T cidar vinegar
garlic salt, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
3/4 c shredded cheese (queso blanco, chihuahua or cheddar will do!)
shredded iceberg lettuce
*can’t see any reason why you couldn’t sub tofu for the chicken or go with just the beans if you are vegetarian
Lime yogurt sauce:
In a small bowl mix together
3/4 c plain low fat greek yogurt (I love FAGE!)
dash of cumin and salt
juice of half of a lime
Mix thoroughly and put into a squeeze bottle. Set aside.
Take yogurt sauce and drizzle over each pepper and EAT!!!
I also like to eat my “Mexican” food with iceberg lettuce as it not only “cools” the palate but takes the heaviness out of the dish and adds a nice, wet crunch! Instead of rice, I served grilled whole wheat pita points and guacamole with a side of seasoned, grilled corn off the cob with just a bit of butter. DELICIOSO, amigos! Adios!cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party, personal chef, corporate events, catering, personal chef, party entertainment
Originally posted 2009-09-23 20:45:00.