Back to the challenge at hand…..
Some perfect bites I love are:
- The day after Thanksgiving sandwich with soft, white bread stuffed with sage dressing, thick turkey slices and lashings of luscious gravy……mmmm….that carb on carb bite…..
- Al dente spaghetti twirled ’round your fork and impaling a moist, tender meatball full of parmigano cheese, basil, garlic and parsley all drowned in a tangy tomato sauce.
- Succulent braised short ribs, so tender that you can cut it with a butter knife, and onto your fork you skewer roasted parsnip and swipe some pureed celeriac swimming in a rich red wine and onion gravy.
- Or how about something as simple as the most dense, rich chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache with a spoonful of pure vanilla ice cream?
- A crunchy cannoli case oozing with creamy, sugary ricotta dotted with freshly shaved chocolate with a hint of orange essence?
In my Flavor Thesaurus, there is no entry for plantains, so I looked up ‘banana,’ and found that chicken would go very nicely with it…so why not a mild flavored fish like cod?
I think my Perfect Bite was a success! Of course, a perfect bite is completely subjective, so darlings, what is your perfect bite? Tell La Diva all about it!
Ciao for now, darlings!
Originally posted 2014-03-18 19:24:00.