Originally posted 2011-04-28 21:58:00.
So, here’s the quick run-down from last week’s share.
CSA mystery half-share box 1-9-10:
- green beans
- bok choy
- 3 green peppers (!)
- French breakfast radishes with green tops (2 bunches!)
- eggplants (2 small)
- betel leaf
And last, those nasty little betel leaves! haha! THIS TIME I’m going to cook the little buggers and not make the same mistake I did before, leaving them raw and unedible in a salad! I’m thinking I might wrap something in them??
That’s it for today and I think that’s quite enough! Fellow Miami CSA peeps, time to come forth and COMMENT! Ciao, darlings, La Diva can’t wait to hear from you!cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party, personal chef, corporate events, catering, personal chef, party entertainment
Originally posted 2010-01-09 21:45:00.
Yellow squash and zucchini turned into Italian Squash Stew: Thumbs UP!
Collard greens, turnips and turnip greens turned into: Collard greens and grits. Thumbs UP!
CSA Mystery half-share box for 1-2-10:
- Green cabbage
- Roma tomatoes
- Black sapote
- Oyster mushrooms
- Beets (assorted varieties)
- Leaf lettuce (not pictured, but I think you know what it looks like!)
Off the top of my head:
- Lightly sauteed oyster mushrooms on some toasted sour dough or ciabatta bread for breakfast. These mushies look too good to mix with anything else and I only have a handful.
- Beets: Since I discovered last season how darn sweet and tasty these earthy root veggies (that I used to just LOATHE!) can be just by roasting them, I’m going to do exactly that and toss them into a salad with feta and the leaf lettuce for dinner one night. And then what about the rest? I’ll have to take a wander around the Web to get some inspiration.
- Dill: So many things to do with this wonderfully aromatic herb but it wilts and fades so quickly! Perhaps I can use it freshly chopped and turned into sour cream or yogurt dressing and drizzled over the roasted beets? Or with glazed carrots? Or maybe in a lovely home made mayonnaise spooned over cool, poached salmon?
- Green cabbage: I’m thinking a really tasty, healthy Asian-inspired omelet stuffed with stir-fried cabbage, bean sprouts and snow peas? And, I might even do an Asian slaw with it too.
- Roma tomatoes are a bit under-ripe as Farmer Margie was worried about a frost coming. (It’s supposed to get down to the 40’s, pretty cold for the tropics!) I’ll let them ripen and I think I’m going to make a savory sauce out of them to be used for…..fish? Pizza? Spaghetti? Or how about with some yummy polpettine? I’m glad to get some produce that doesn’t have to be eaten right away!
- The black sapote will need to sit and ripen a while before I decide what to make with it but last year I made some really tasty oat bars courtesy of Tinkering with Dinner. I added a bit of powdered chocolate to enhance its chocolate pudding qualities. Seeing as this is one of those tropical fruits that I’d never even tried until last season, I look forward to experimenting more with this exotic delight. When ripe, it has a texture like chocolate pudding, but like carob, don’t be fooled! It certainly isn’t chocolate or taste like chocolate but is mellow, creamy and mild, hence the choc pudding comparison.
(Don’t see a link to some of the recipes? You can do a search on the box at the top right!)cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party, personal chef, corporate events, catering, personal chef, party entertainment
Originally posted 2010-01-03 13:48:00.
La Diva is so very touched!
So, thank you, darlings. You are ALL FABULOUS!
- Thom at Chateau Thombeau
- Shamu at Karmic Kitchen
- Dani at Gardening Under the Florida Sun
- Making Spaces
- Jill at Stella’s Roar
- Boxer at Anonymous Boxer
- Bill at Tinkering with Dinner
- Moi at Bite the Apple
- Mistress MJ at Infomanic
- Moi and Dread Pirate Rackham at Bitches of Fashion
- Buzz Kill’s Buzzkill
- Mr. Peenee
- Aunty Belle’s Front Porch
- K9 and Chickory
- Allison from Tales from La La Land
Enjoy and Happy Holidaze and a bountiful New Year to you all!
Peas and joy and all that, darlings! MWAH! x
Originally posted 2009-12-24 14:03:00.
So, I thought about what else I could make for the challenge and came up with double banana pancakes.
Ok, I’m lying.
What is YOUR fave childhood meal, darlings? La Diva wants to know! cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party
Originally posted 2009-08-16 17:35:00.