La Diva’s Quick and Satisfyin’ Vegetable Barley Soup!
- Put half cup barley in salted water in rice cooker and cook until just done, leaving a bit chewy or al dente.
- Saute some chopped carrots, onions and celery in olive oil until tender.
- Season with favorite spices and herbs. (I was longing for a more exotic flavor instead of my stand by profiles of Indian curry or Italian seasonings so I went with a Lebanese baharat spice mix including paprika, cloves, coriander, nutmeg, cumin. Divine!)
- Add 32 ounces chicken stock, bring to a boil and then simmer.
- Add a large handful of small, quick-cooking red lentils.
- Added chopped white radish, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Toss in the cooked barley and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- At the end, adjust seasonings and stir through greens such as spinach or kale. I used the fresh radish tops!
cooking class, cocktails, parties, cocktail party, Miami, coral gables, events, bartending class, cocktail class, Laura Lafata, Miami Beach, miami cooking classes, bachelorette parties, bachelorette party, personal chef, corporate events, catering, personal chef, party entertainment, www.ladivacucina.com, top chef, next food network star
Originally posted 2010-10-26 13:32:00.