First to come to me were desserts that I’ve made and loved:
- Rum cake!
- Trifle with sherry!
- Figs sauteed in butter and brown sugar with white balsamic vinegar reduction and sweet marsala over mascarpone cheese! (a new favorite dessert idea I’ve been toying with!)
- Macadamia bourbon pineapple upside down cake! (I made one for a dear friend’s birthday once and we ate the entire thing while still warm, just us two, with forks and straight from the pan!)
- Chicken marsala!
- Fried fish in beer batter!
- Coq au vin (chicken in red wine!)
- Gourmet mushrooms in sherry cream sauce over steak!
|Photo courtesy of Anson Mills|